Microwave Hood Extension by MICROVISOR®
Solve Your Microwave Exhaust Problem
MICROVISOR® manufactures a line of extension hood products for microwave over the range, Removable and Retractable. The Microvisor product line improves the exhaust function of the microwave allowing the microwaves exhaust to perform at maximum potential. The MICROVISOR captures steam, grease, smoke and fumes produced while cooking, and redirects them back to the microwave exhaust system. MICROVISOR installs in minutes, is quickly removable or retractable when needed, depending on model type and provides an immediate improvement in venting performance. Capture more with MICROVISOR....
Up to 70% of cooking fumes escape while cooking on the front cooking area of a range or cooktop when using a “microwave over the range” exhaust system. This is caused by the limited 15-inch depth of the microwave over the range where ranges and cooktops are a minimum of 26 inches deep.
FACTS ON MICROVISOR®
- Compatible with 99% of the over the range microwave market, Manufacture list featured below.
- GE / LG / Samsung / Whirlpool / Electrolux / Bosch / Kenmore
- Frigidaire / Kitchenaid / Maytag / Jen-Air120s / Cosmo
- Impecca / Forte / Galanz / Summit / Bertazzoni / Midea / Haier
- Amana / Roper / Faberware / Goplus /Highpoint/Vissani & many other units.
- Easily installed in minutes
- Removable or Retractable Options available
- Redirects fumes, smoke, grease, moisture, and odors
- Reduces the onset of fire alarms from cooking
- Prevents grease/steam and residue buildup on cabinets, microwave oven, and ceiling
- Easy to use and clean and store
- Airborne grease, smoke, and fumes are not good for your health or your home
- Completes the intended exhaust operation of the “microwave over the range”
- Health Implications of cooking byproducts
Adapter Kit FAQ
Adapter kits are only needed for two units sold in the market today. If you do not have either of the two units listed below, you do not need a Adapter Kit.
*GE Spacemaker Adapter - only needed for GE microwaves with "curved bottom door" . If your GE model does not have a curved door , you do not need this kit. - Click picture
*Samsung Center Filter Adapter - only needed for Samsung microwave with “center-slide forward grease filter”. If your Samsung does not have a center slide in/out grease filter, you do not need this adapter kit. Samsung units with two grease filters, 1 on left and one on right do not require this adapter kit. - Click picture
If you do not have either of the 2 microwaves mentioned above, then you do not need an adapter spacer kit.
30 Sec Animated 2023 TV Commercial
MICROVISOR® manufactures a line of hood extensions designed to attach to a microwave over the range(OTR), and improve the exhaust functionality of the microwave. It was designed to complete the intended exhaust operation of the microwave over the range.
The intended use of the microwave over the range was to utilize cabinet space by incorporating an exhaust system/secondary heating source, and installing it in place of a more expensive exhaust hood. Microwaves over the range are approximately 15 inches deep, and all cook-tops/ranges are normally 26 inches deep. It is virtually impossible for an OTR microwave to exhaust the fumes from cooking on the front burners, due to it's design, and lack of CFM of airflow needed.
The MICROVISOR® projects forward of the microwave oven in order to capture the smoke, grease and odors. The Microvisor design that attaches to the microwave chassis in minutes. The MICROVISOR® is simply inserted into the bracket and removed by pulling it out when needed/or retracts based on model type. The MICROVISOR® line of microwave hood extensions fit 99% of the microwave over the range market, including model dating back 20 years.
Microvisor, has proven to capture up to 90% of the cooking fumes and odors produced while cooking on the front burners of a cook-top or stove. It prevents the smoke, grease and odors from spreading into your home, and reduces onset smoke alarms. Improve your microwave exhaust system by "capturing" more with MICROVISOR's line of products. Our MICROVISOR® products require no electric, and can be installed without a handy man.
- ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE Micro Visor HoodBrett S ★★★★★ in the last week
- Gil B ★★★★★ a week ago
- Product is great but not easy to install. My micro might be a little lower than normal but trying to get the screws in was very difficult. Plus the new screws … More provided were bigger than the existing ones. Could not get two of the middle ones in at all. Tried using a drill with screw head adapter and ended up stripping the head. Still is halfway in and I can't get it out. Wish the instructions said to try screwing in the screws first to be sure they fit. Like I said the hood works well but the installation is not enjoyable.Robert L ★★★☆☆ 2 weeks ago
- I received my hood damaged so I called customer service. Sent pictures and the owner immediately agreed to send a new replacement hood. They shipped out the … More new hood the next day. It was easy to install & very clear installation instructions. I would highly recommend this companyVITA D ★★★★★ 2 weeks ago
- As advertised. Needed addition.Stephen V ★★★★★ 2 weeks ago
- Great invention - helps to better capture the odors and smoke from the front burners of the stove top. Customer service is amazing! When I called to ask a … More question, the owner called me back and answered all my concerns. I love that it is easily removable - so it can be taken off when it's not needed.Debbie G ★★★★★ 3 weeks ago
- Works as advertised. Easy to install.Rob S ★★★★★ 3 weeks ago
- Worked exactly a advertised. Cooked hamburgers on stove 2nd day and smoke alarm did not go off. First time ever!!!Madelyn C ★★★★★ 3 weeks ago
- Seems to have stopped the spread of grease to the cabinets above the microwave. We love it.Linda R ★★★★★ 3 weeks ago
- Great customer service, great product! Had a little shipping mess up and they fixed it next day. The Microvisor is great quality, easy to install, good instructions...you … More can tell they care about attention to detail.Paul B ★★★★★ 3 weeks ago
I got the Microvisor to protect my over range microwave from the stove top heat and it does a great job at that.
- Works well. A little pricey.Louis S ★★★★☆ 4 weeks ago
Must use microwave lights to see burners confidentiality.
Must bend down to use oven controlls and timer.
- Easy to install and works like a charm!Mike N ★★★★★ 4 weeks ago
- While I do feel it is a little overpriced, it is the only item on the market to serve the purpose I needed it to serve. It seems to be doing what it was designed … More to do and what I needed it to do. It is the only product like it on the market.LaCresia T ★★★★☆ a month ago
- It installed within 5 minutes, looks great and does as advertised! Very pleased with my purchase.Mark W ★★★★★ a month ago
- So nice not to have to clean above the vent and the cabinets. Look like it was part of my vent system.Sandra W ★★★★★ a month ago
- Diane S ★★★★★ a month ago
- Very, very nice product. Actually works better than I thought it would. Keeps the heat off of my over- the- stove microwave almost perfectly. Was easy to … More install and I'm very happy with it.Thomas R ★★★★★ a month ago
- Complimentary hood which adds to the functionality of the exhaust inherent to the microwave installed above to the range. The Microvisor Hood works extremely … More well capturing the steam, etc, from cooking on the range channeling it toward the built in exhaust.Steven H ★★★★★ a month ago
- the hood works great, and is easy to installDavid S ★★★★★ a month ago
- The vent hood works perfectly! However, it is not that easy to install, and yes, we watched the videos and those on youtube. I have a Samsung microwave (not … More the kind requiring the extra part), and have 4 holes - 3 along the front and one in far right corner. There was no opening to be able to screw the Microvisor hood to the Samsung part, so we just didn't add it. The three along the front plus addition one on top is holding it all in nicely. Glad I found this online when seeking a solution to greasy spots on my upper cabinet above the microwave!Ruth R ★★★★★ a month ago
- Not nearly as easy to install as advertised.Beverly D ★★★☆☆ a month ago
- Jonmikel P ★★★★★ a month ago
- Easy to install and it doing the jobPaula N ★★★★★ a month ago
- it worked great for me. My AC does not come on anymore when we cook on our gas stove.Nelson R ★★★★★ a month ago
- Easy to install and works as expected. Very happy with my choice to purchase it. Only is issue I have is me getting used to it being there as I have hit my … More hand on it several times putting food in the microwave. Like my son says, user problem!David & Barbara G ★★★★★ a month ago
- Very nice hood. I have wanted one for a while. Hoping the price would come down. I broke down and got one. Very nice! Easy to install and keeps smoke and steam … More out of the microwave. Works well.Korey H ★★★★★ a month ago
- I love the hood. Looks great but I had to use washers on rhe screws because the head was too small and they kept going thru the slots when I tightened them. … MorePat D ★★★★☆ 2 months ago
- Great product, well made and efficient. Installed it with my eyes closed (well, one of them). If you increased the depth by 2" I would buy it.Ruben G ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- I had "designed" something similar with pencil and paper and was going to take it down to the local metal shop and see if they could make something … More out of stainless steel that would work. Then I found this online! It's brilliant! Works perfectly. And I only need to put it in when I'm doing heavy smoke items, usually searing something at high temperatureMitch L ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Absolutely love this. I have fussed and fussed about steam going on front of cabinet. Saw this on fox news and thought it would be worth checking out. I sent … More note to website asking where I could get discount code since their order form indicated such was available and came right to me so I actually paid 139, free shipping. Packaged extremely well to alleviate the normal problems experienced in transit. My husband installed in matter of minutes. Looks fine and I am really picky about the way things look so this a win in every area!!!Linda P ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Looks good, easy to install and helps preserve the finish on the kitchen cabinets above the stove.James G ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Best product,fits perfectly, looks amazingBella P ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Excellent quality product. Didn't think it was going to make a huge difference, but I was wrong. It strongly reroutes the cooking fumes and steam directly … More to the microwave outlet vent cutting down on food odors in the kitchen. It's very easy to clean with a rag and common kitchen degreaser...the install was also easy as there was an instructional video available to watch...I'm glad I purchased it and looks like it'll last a lifetime!Sariah M ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Mary A ★★★★★ 2 months ago
- Derek N ★★★★☆ 2 months ago
- This is a great addition to our kitchen that offers fantastic results with venting. The installation took minutes and looks fantastic. The quality of the visor … More is well beyond it's modest cost. Thank you MicroVisor for creating this product and for the prompt delivery to our Los Angeles home. Cheers!!!Felix S ★★★★★ 4 months ago
- I cook lot of Indian food with turmeric in it. With time, i was seeing my kitchen cabinets above microwave turning yellow and it started worrying me. We thought … More of removing the microwave and install a more powerful hood. But this was not an easy and economical thing to do as we needed a new range hood, a new over the counter microwave which will also use lot of my counter space. All the remodeling definitely involved additional labor costs but then I came across this microvisor hood. What a brilliant idea!!! I am using it for weeks now and my cabinets look sparkling clean. So so easy to mount and looks elegant in the kitchen. I generally don’t like to write reviews but this device solved my problem. Very happy with the purchase, I purchased from Walmart, quick delivery. Would definitely recommend.Surbhi K ★★★★★ 6 months ago
- We have using our Microvisor Hood for almost a year now. I wanted to get some long term experience with it before I posted a review.Jerry F ★★★★★ 7 months ago
I'm happy to say … More the Microvisor works as advertised. The unit vents all cooking steam from our kitchen and keeps the microwave and cabinets clean.
It was very easy to install, fits well and looks like it is part of the microwave.
- Got my hood today. Excellent packaging, fast shipment, great updates on shipment progress/tracking. Installation took like 5 min, perfect fit, did not use … More instruction at all, all is very simple and clear. Totally disagree with reviews that material is thin and flimsy. Absolutely appropriate thickness of material, same thickness as my Bosch panel which I removed for installation. Tested performance with boiling water. Without the hood my microwave front was covered all over with condensate, wet and ugly; with the hood not a single wet spot! Same time, I expect that after oily cooking it will be smart to clean the hood inside to avoid grease build up, but that is a normal housekeeping. As for not capturing vapors - it does capture almost all vapors. Overall, I am very happy with the hood. As for the price - yes, it is a little bit more than I wanted to pay BUT it is so simple to install, does the job very well , looks professional and saves on hassle of "home made solutions", which end up at the same or even higher costs and may look DIY. Kudos to the Microvisor! Great idea and I would like to see their business growing. Just a little comment not related to the item quality - I wish they included a nice "Microvisor" sticker to put on the hood (2D would be nice!), like the one on website. Mine came without it.A K ★★★★★ 10 months ago
- I was looking for a solution to improve the function of our externally vented microwave. Although my unit didn’t have screws on the bottom, the company provided … More a detailed description on how the Microvisor Hood had been installed on similar units. It works unbelievably well! Instead of suboptimal venting on the high setting, we get great extraction for most things on low. No more water dripping down the front of the microwave when boiling lobster. Aesthetically very pleasing as well. Great value.Henry M ★★★★★ a year ago
- When I remodeled my kitchen I installed a microwave/hood vent combo to get the microwave off my counter. I love the fact that it is now over my stove but even … More on high fan speed the steam and oils from cooking were going in front of it and oil and damaging steam were collecting on my brand new kitchen cabinets. I would have to clean those upper cabinets after using the stove top every time to wipe off oil that had collected on them from cooking. I found the microvisor hood in an attempt to find a solution before permanent damage occurred. It seemed to easy and simple to actually work but I needed something so I gave it a try. It has been the best $130 I have spent in a long time. I purchased the stainless steel to match my microwave and stovetop. It looks great and more importantly, it works great! I haven’t needed to clean oil residue nor wipe the face of the microwave and upper cabinets of water vapor since I have installed the microvisor hood. It is super easy to install. I removed the 4 front screw from the bottom of the microwave, then put the bracket in place and put the 4 screws it came with back in. Then the hood just slips into the bracket. It comes with a stabilizing screw if you choose to use it but the bracket is sturdy enough, you don’t need it if you don’t want to. The hood is easily slipped off if you prefer not to have it on all the time but I find that it looks nice in my kitchen so I just leave mine installed in the bracket and put the stabilizing screw in since I don’t take it down when I am not using it.Kim T ★★★★★ 2 years ago
- This product was so much more than expected. I would recommend this product to anyone.. The hood fit perfectly, three screws all done. I did use a little larger … More screw than I took out and the ones that came with the product. Not necessary that’s just me. Came a lot quicker than I thought. BRILLIANT!!!David Y ★★★★★ 2 years ago
- Item came in a few days.Mike L ★★★★★ 2 years ago
Good quality item, quickly installed.
Works exactly as advertised. Several of my friends say they are getting one.
Had one question. … More Reply came the next day
- The unit performs as stated. Fast transaction and shipping. Easy to install. Definitely keeps moisture from entering the Microwave electronics directly above, … More and probably 75% or more of smoke and vapors are collected and vented out the rear vent in my case.Pete R ★★★★★ 2 years ago
- Loving the microvisor and we just got it today. Great instructions and it truly took minutes to install. Most important, it’s catching and directing the smoke … More from pans on the front burner to the exhaust! Thanks so much for making this available. Only sorry I didn’t find it years ago!Tony G ★★★★★ 2 years ago
- This product is amazing! It was installed in less than 10 minutes and makes the kitchen look so proffesional. George is so nice and was excited that we … More were excited that is was on the way! Only thing I have an issue with is edges are a bit sharp! But over all an awesome product!JG G ★★★★☆ 2 years ago
- This product is amazing! It was installed in less than 10 minutes and makes the kitchen look so proffesional. George is so nice and was excited that we … More were excited that is was on the way! Only thing I have an issue with is edges are a bit sharp! But over all an awesome product!Julz Adventures Over 50 Aka Julz R ★★★★☆ 2 years ago
- Fast shipping, product quality is top notch. Will definitely refer to my friends and family.F Z ★★★★★ 2 years ago
- So happy with this purchase. We recently remodeled our kitchen and went with a gas range. I love the quick and consistent gas heat, but man does it get hot … More and smokey in the kitchen. We were starting to regret not going with a full range hood vent versus the microwave option. This simple and really attractive item solved the problems. No more smoke alarm going off every time I cook. No more grease vapor to wipe off of our expensive cabinets over the microwave. So happy I purchased this. So easy to install. So easy to remove. Well done. What a great product.Ryan G ★★★★★ 2 years ago
No, I was not paid for this review. I did not get a discount. I would have paid more than MSRP for this has I know it would work so well.
-Ryan Graves ( Bothell, WA)
- I rarely make recommendations or give reviews on products I purchase on the internet, but this is one time I had to make an exception. I purchased my Microvisor … More hood and received it fast. Unfortunately, due to the rough handling by UPS, it was damaged and bent. Despite the hassle generated by UPS, Microvisor did not hesitate to immediately send me a replacement, which I received just as fast as the first one. I commend George for his accessibility and his excellent customer service. Additionally, I just want to add that the hood looks great and really works well. Overall, I’m glad I decided to make the purchase.Gabriel M ★★★★★ 2 years ago